How to Make Your Own Moon Water:
Moon water is an elixir that is simple to make but powerful in capturing the essence and energy of the full moon. It's a wonderful way to connect to nature's cycles and honor the rhythms in your own body.
- Fill a clear glass jar with filtered drinking water.
- Go outside at night on a full moon and place the jar in a spot where it will be bathed in moonbeams for most of the night.
- Place a cap lightly on the jar or put a mesh or cloth screen on the top to keep dust and bugs out.
- Let the jar sit overnight.
- Wake up before the sun rises to retrieve your jar and bring it inside before any sunshine hits it.
- Enjoy your moon water!
You can drink sips with gratitude throughout the coming month, use it to bathe your stones or ritual items, make medicinal tea infusions, use it as a refreshing spritz each morning or store it on your altar.
For the most potent moon water, repeat the technique above with the same jar for all three nights of the full moon (start the night before the official full moon on the calendar). Before you place the jar out, hold it in between your two hands and speak an intention or share a prayer of gratitude out loud. If you're working through a particular challenge or want to use the water as medicine for yourself as others, tell the water what you're asking for before you place in under the moon.
You can experiment with adding a favorite crystal to the jar (rose quartz, amethyst or moonstone are lovely additions). You can also add a sprig of an herb (try sage, rosemary, lavender or thyme) or flower petals to enhance your water.