"We're calling out to nature and she's calling back to us and the cosmos...we're seeing ourselves as part of that rather than only tracking time in this superimposed, man-made system." - April McMurtry
In this episode, we speak with artist and educator April McMurtry about tracking time by the moon and her practical tools for aligning with lunar cycles. April is the founder of The Moon is My Calendar and creatress of the New Moon Calendar Journal.
"The lights need to go out sometimes, there is vitality in darkness," says April who talks about embracing the ebb and flow of life and making the moon an ally and example in our lives. We talk about how anyone can develop a lunar practice and how we can all shift our current paradigm around time for a more balanced way of being.
We also talk about:
- Bringing moon wisdom into our relationships
- Turning creative visions into successful projects
- Bridging masculine and feminine energies in business
- What the moon has to do with your period
- Cosmic timing and the wisdom of winter