"I think it's really important when we're talking about being a whole person that we're talking about the relationships that we're forming. Who are we connected to?" - Sally F. St. John
In this episode, we speak with holistic health counselor and researcher Sally F. St. John about nutrition for hormonal health and her unique philosophy of healing, developed over years of coaching women back to wholeness.
Sally believes that getting back to our emotions and spirit is the first step for bringing the body back to balance, followed by lifestyle and dietary changes. When she uses the word whole, she's describing a blend of "mind, body, spirit and community" that work together for true health. In our conversation, we cover the importance of gut health, which foods to eat during the four phases of your monthly cycle and key things to know about probiotics and prebiotics.
We also talk about:
- Historical trauma and patriarchy's influence on women's health
- Why it's ok not to be on a 28 day monthly cycle
- The role of compassion in healing
- Reframing our relationship to healthy fats
- Why community is key for holistic wellbeing