"What if menstruation were associated with beauty and majesty and meaning and mystery and dreams and respect? We need a new story. It's time for a new story." - Kami McBride
In this episode, we speak with renowned herbalist and educator Kami McBride about womb wisdom and the magic of menstruation. Kami is the founder of the Living Awareness Institute with a mission to inspire a culture of love and respect for the earth. She has helped thousands of women to love their menstrual cycle with her womb wisdom classes.
Kami says, "menstruation is a built-in cycle that provides us with the opportunity to restore and rejevenate each month. It's a time when the female body releases, regenerates and heals." After all, "flowers don't bloom all the year...we have seasons and everything has to have a regenerative cycle to it." We talk about how we can embrace our embodied wisdom, tune into our intuition and awaken the portal of creativity that opens to us each month.
We also talk about:
- How to heal PMS naturally
- Creating a space of rest and ritual during your period
- Embracing sensitivity and heightened awareness
- Creating rites of passage for young women
- How to start a women's wisdom circle
- Learn more about Kami and find her classes at Living Awareness Institute
- Connect with Kami and watch her tutorials on Facebook
- Read Kami's book The Herbal Kitchen
- Listen to Sophie Cooper's album: ReWilding